Monday, September 27, 2010

Fifteenth Day - Final Post

Mileage Kalispell to Hamilton - 170
Mileage Hamilton to Missoula to Hamilton - 204
Mileage Today:
505

Total Mileage: 4043

We're on our way home. First thing this morning, we headed south out of the Bitterroot Valley on Highway 93, the shortest route home. We made it to Elko, NV within easy striking distance of home.

Although we've had a great trip, Linda and I are both ready to be home.

Today's drive was uneventful. The weather was perfect and the highways were surprisingly good. We ran into only one short delay due to highway construction.

I can't count the number of times I've driven or ridden this road and Linda has been along most of my trips. We've taken so many photos along the way that this time we documented only crossing the state lines.

Tomorrow night we'll be sleeping in our own bed - I'm really looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Doug & Linda, so sorry I missed you again ... Seems all I do is work & drive ... Looks like you've been enjoying not only time with the family but are seeing some beautiful fall weather ... Jay & I hope to make a run somewhere when he gets home so we can check out the turning of the leaves ... My favorite time of the year. Thanks for sharing your travels with all of us.
    Janie

    ReplyDelete